Extension Hair Care : Quick Tips !
Posted on Sep 25, 2018 by Craig McQueen Salon
Washing and Conditioning :
When first getting them applied you should wait 2 days (48 hours) before washing .
* Detangling Brushes are a key to extensions. Always brush and detangle evenly, root to scalp before washing.
* Always use an approved shampoo and conditioner from your stylist. Never place conditioner on the roots/bond of extension. Mid-shaft is best !
* Towel dry hair in a blotting method . Brush hair with the detangling brush once it's almost dry. Placing your hand on your scalp where the extensions are located is helpful as well .
Bedtime and On the Run Styling :
* Your bestfriend is the detangling brush, it will be used to prep for styling. If you feel your hair isn't that tangled, you can gently use your fingers for detangling.
* A light ponytail or a single braid in a ponytail holder is suggested.
Pool and Beach :
* Before entering chlorine or salt water, always detangle hair and soak it in normal water first.
* Apply a leave in conditioner or a light conditioner to provide a barrier .
* Your bedtime styling would be perfect to do after prepping your hair.
* Immediately wash out everything once you are done with your water fun !
* Be careful with styling aids that have alcohol. You never want to apply these directly to the bonding of your extensions. Alcohol can loosen the bond .
*Avoid applying oils and other products that will interfere with the texture of the hair and also the bonding of the extensions.
Thanks for reading ! And feel free to call and set up a consultation !